He was detained by the Landsrecherche. Kamps said the Member of Parliament was arrested on the accounts of bribery, money laundering, and taking part in an association that has its aim to commit criminal offenses.The Orca investigation started in March last year after the showing of avideo on the websites of The Daily Herald and the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. On the footage Jaap Van Den Heuvel, owner of the “Bada Bing” brothel, can be seen allegedly handing over banknotes to the independent parliamentarian Patrick Illidge. Jaap van den Heuvel was arrested last year. His pre-trial detention was suspended.The Attorney General of St. Maarten Taco Stein was given permission by the Court of Appeals on December 30th, 2013 to prosecute the MP, but the prosecution chose to allow the Member of Parliament to be free and to travel until the draft budget debate for 2014 concluded last week.ParliamentARIAN Patrick Illidge was arrested yesterday morning by National Detectives (Landsrecherche) on suspicion of bribery, money laundering and being a member of a criminal organization, according to the Prosecutors press agent. The allegations refer to Illidge’s alleged role in the Bada Bing case, also known as Operation Orca.It is understood that National Detectives had shown up at Parliament during the budget debates last week in an attempt to speak to Illidge,Illidge was there. There are photo and videos proving that, but it was decided to postpone the arrest until after the budget hearing.Illidge turned himself into Philipsburg Police Station by appointment in the morning of January 20, where he was taken into custody for questioning.After receiving the orders after a Joint Court of Justice, The Prosecutor’s Office confirmed that they gave the go-ahead for the arrest of Illidge to be prosecuted.On December 30, 2013 following a closed hearing as a result of the “Landsverordening Vervolging Politieke Gezagdragers” (Ordinance Prosecution Political Authority), which came into effect on 10-10-’10 and which states that a hearing must be held to determine if a person of political authority, including a Member of Parliament such as Illidge, can be prosecuted.Leroy de Weever, the Parliamentarian who just physically assaulted a female and stole her equipment as he threatened to kill her in front of dozens of witnesses will be next.Independent parliamentarian Illidge was caught on camera, allegedly accepting a bribe in the Bada Bing case. The case revolves around strip club owner Jaap van den Heuvel, who is at the centre of a corruption probe. Van den Heuvel was arrested last year. His pre-trial detention has been suspended. Both Illidge and Van den Heuvel had said subsequently that United People’s (UP) party leader Theo Heyliger had asked the strip club owner to make the video to blackmail Illidge into helping the UP, which was at that time in opposition, back to power.Share this:
- 552,287 hits
SXM News Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- Vacature Juridsch Medewerker/ Vacancy ParalegalVacature Juridsch Medewerker/ Vacancy ParalegalVacature Juridsch Medewerker/ Vacancy ParalegalAlgemene Informatie: Vacature Juridisch medewerker / vacancy paralegalHet politiekorps op Sint Maarten het KPSM heeft het voornemen om zich de komende jaren op alle terreinen voortdurend te verbeteren: Een lerende organisatie te zijn die zich kenmerkt door betrokken […]Judith ADLOFTM Roumou
- Former Chief of Police Peter de Witte's stupidity, and his moron colleaguesFormer Chief of Police Peter de Witte's stupidity, and his moron colleaguesFormer Chief of Police Peter de Witte’s stupidity is legendary, but this is not about that time he let those brothel girls into his home, and allowed them to see him use the combination to his safe. While he was giving a press conference the next day, assuring the St Maarten publ […]Judith ADLOFTM Roumou
- Vacature Juridsch Medewerker/ Vacancy Paralegal
All Hours721 523 3493Vampire
Blogs I Follow
Sxm News Now: Sxm St Maarten News Now
We cannot load blog data at this time.
- Ministry SXM VROMI interview this Sunday Tune In July 28, 2017This Sunday Interview Vromi Ministry Cedric PetersonSint Maarten News
- Ministry SXM VROMI interview this Sunday Tune In July 28, 2017
St Maarten Prosecutors Sint Maarten Openbaar Ministerie: sxm prosecutors
The Truth About the St Maarten Prosecutor’s Office OM Openbaar Ministerie: Judge Katje Mans and Judge Mauritsz de Kort
When Judge Katje Mans accidentally emailed Judith Roumou a letter meant for Judge Mauritsz de Kort judge katje mans criminal animal killer mauritsz de korts boss lover Katje Mans – Mauritsz de Kort – How is Judith Roumou supposed to get a fair trial or any justice when the below emails prove that not […]
via GEBE AT WAR…. BUT WE KNOW THE FULL INSIDE STORY ON WHAT’S UP AT GEBE WITH THEIR SUPERVISORY BOARD.
- Video Irma warning Soualigapost.com September 4, 2017Video Irma warning Soualigapost.com Source Soualiga Post Caribbean’s Latest Headlines More Sxm GovernmentFiled under: Hurricane Irma Tagged: Video Irma warning Soualigapost.comSint Maarten News
- Video Irma warning Soualigapost.com September 4, 2017
Sxm Carnival: SXM CARIBBEAN CARNIVALS BEST ON EARTH 2017
New Video Lionel Georges representing his new drink Mokaï 🍸in Sint Maarten 🇸🇽 at soggy dollar bar🍹😁 HD Video credit David Le Blanc
Lionel Georges representing his new drink Mokaï 🍸in Sint Maarten 🇸🇽 at soggy dollar bar🍹😁 HD Video credit David Le Blanc
New Video Dutch Sint Maarten Sxm Carnival 2017 Girls in the Front, No Girls In the Back!
- New Video Hurricane Irma 5pm update 9_3_17 September 4, 2017Hurricane Irma 5pm update 9_3_17 Filed under: st martin police Tagged: Hurricane Irma 5pm update 9_3_17Sint Maarten News
- New Video Hurricane Irma 5pm update 9_3_17 September 4, 2017
- 552,287 hits